Sunday, May 5, 2013

Day 278- Whiten Toenails

I keep seeing this pin on Pinterest.  It says that you can whiten toenails by scrubbing your nail with a toothbrush and whitening toothpaste.  I thought for sure that it wouldn't work, so I tried it.

My toenails have been looking dirty and gross ever since I started running again.  I have been putting hydrogen peroxide in the water when I soak my feet in ice water, but it hasn't been enough.  I didn't have anything to lose.

I certainly wasn't going to waste a toothbrush, so I used my finger to rub the toothpaste onto my toenails.  I made sure to get under the nail as best I could.  Then, I let it sit for a couple of minutes before rinsing my foot off. 

Surprisingly, my toenails were much whiter.  My big toes are still a little discolored, but the rest of them look amazing.  And my feet smell minty fresh.  The only bad part was that the toothpaste seemed to dry out my skin a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment