Friday, February 15, 2013

Day 199- How to care for newly waxed skin


I hate when my skin gets red from waxing.  I look like a freak with little red bumps all over for a few hours post-wax.  I mean, all over.  I have bad luck with hair genes.  My arms, face, and legs are hairier than they should be.  It’s my dad’s fault.    Needless to say, waxing is a big part of my beauty routine. 
I have to do it myself since I had a bad experience with a professional waxer ripping off a large chunk of skin below my eyebrow.  That happened the first and only time I let someone else wax me.  Never again.

After I waxed, I went over to Pinterest to see if there were any post-waxing tips.  I found this pin about taking can of newly waxed skin. 

Here are some tips:

Use lotion.  You should use a lotion with lavender or aloe in it.  Those two ingredients will help soothe any burning sensation and help reduce redness.  Avoid heavy creams or lotions for at least twelve hours after waxing.  Don’t use anything scented either.  That includes deodorants on freshly waxed armpits.

Taking a bath in cool water helps to calm the skin.  You should not expose newly waxed skin to heat for at least twelve hours.  Don’t use exfoliating creams, harsh soaps, or scrubs either.

A cold compress with reduce swelling, redness, and pain.

Wear loose fitting cotton clothes over the recently waxed skin.  Tight clothes can irritate the skin by rubbing it.  This will also reduce  the chance of a skin infection.

No comments:

Post a Comment