Sunday, March 10, 2013

Day 222- DIY Liquid Foundation

It's no secret that I hate putting chemicals on my face.  My theory is if it's not safe to eat, then I won't put it on my skin.  It's weird, but it's how I feel. 

I saw this pin about how to make your own DIY liquid foundation.  I love it.  Now I can control what goes into my makeup and it's so simple.

Ingredients:
  • facial powder (the pin says to use mineral powder, but I just used regular and it turned out fine.
  • Oil that is safe for your face (almond, coconut, baobab, jojoba, tamanu, etc.)
  • a mixing cup
  • a small spatula
  • essential oil is optional.
How to:

1. Pour as much powder as you desire into your mixing cup.

2. Add facial oil. Ratio of powder to oil is 2:1. Stir with spatula until no lumps remain. Remember to add more powder or oil depending on the consistency you’d like.

3. Add 2 drops of your chosen essential oil and stir again. ( I didn't ddo this)

4. Apply mixture to face with a sponge, foundation brush or fingers.

Mine turned out great.  I used coconut oil.  I was worried that my skin would look a little oily, but after I put some powder on my face, I was relieved that there was no shine.



No comments:

Post a Comment