Monday, April 1, 2013

Day 244- Map My Run

I was looking for an app to figure out how far I am running.  After searching Pinterest, I found Map My Run.  I have used it twice and I love it.  I found out that my running trail at my park was .10 mile further than I thought it was.  That means I've been running further and faster than I thought!

I think that the GPS is pretty accurate.  My first time using it, I tested it against a .25 mile track and it was right. 

I like that the app speaks to you at the end of every mile to tell you the distance, time, and pace.  It's great that I don't have to stop and look every so often.

My only complaint is that when you pause and resume your workout, it takes it awhile to readjust to your pace.  I paused it once and when I resumed it said I was running at 1 mile per hour for about a minute into the workout.  Finally, my speed started going up, but it messed with my average pace. 

Other than that, I'm pretty happy with the app.  I'm using it to keep track of my marathon training.

No comments:

Post a Comment