Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Day 246- Tortellini Soup

I have seen many recipes for tortellini soup on Pinterest.  I kept meaning to make it, but I hadn't until yesterday.  I found a recipe that I liked and tried it.  I'm glad I did!  It was so easy and delicious. 

Here is the recipe:
Ingredients
2 T. olive oil
1 onion, finely diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 t. salt
1/2 t. oregano
1/4 t. thyme
1/4 t. marjoram
1/4 t. black pepper
1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes (with juices)
4 c. low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth (I used vegetable broth)
9 oz. good quality tortellini (any variety, fresh or frozen)
3 c. fresh baby spinach, washed
 
Instructions
Heat the olive oil in a stock pot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté, stirring occasionally, until onions soften and just begin to brown. Add the garlic and seasonings (salt through pepper) and sauté for one minute, until garlic becomes fragrant. Add tomatoes and broth. Bring to a boil, and add the tortellini. Cook according to package directions (should be about 8 minutes). During final minute of cooking time, add fresh spinach and allow it to cook down into the soup. Taste, adjust seasonings, and serve with garlic bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment