Monday, December 3, 2012

Day 125- Clean your headphones


I am a notorious earbud killer.  My headphones never last for more than a month.  I have sent them through the washer, ran them over with a car, pulled the cord right out of them.  Whatever way I did them in, they never lasted very long.

Recently, I have found a way to be very careful and an proud to say that I have had my headphones since June.  Boy, are they nasty!  I hate to put them in my ears, but I do anyways. 

I actually have two pairs of headphones.  I have my IPhone white ones that I only use when I know I will not be sweating ( I found out the hard way that IPhone headphones don’t like sweat especially the remote/mic part of the headphones).  I have a cheap pair that I have been using since June for working out.  Those are the gross ones. 

I saw this pin about how to clean headphones.  I have never had headphones long enough that I had to clean them.  I had forgotten it was possible.  The pin is your basic use soap and water, but don’t get them too wet.  It’s pretty obvious, but the one tip I did come away with was to remove the silicone from around the headphone.

I peeled the silicone back and was surprised at what I found.  There was a thick build-up of wax all around the silicone.  It was disgusting.  I couldn’t believe it.  Needless to say, I cleaned that out.  I’m surprised that it could even happen.

Surprisingly, my headphones are working much better now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment