Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Day 140- Oven Cleaner


I was looking on Pinterest for how to clean an oven.  Most of the recipes for cleaner had ammonia in it, so I didn’t want to use that.  I finally found this pin that says to use – surprise, surprise- baking soda and vinegar.  I love baking soda and vinegar.  It is the best cleaner around.  And it’s cheap and it won’t make harmful fumes. 

To clean an oven using vinegar and baking soda:

Put some vinegar and water in a spray bottle.  I used about 50/50 solution.

Spray the vinegar mixture anywhere you want to clean.  Sprinkle the baking soda over the sprayed area.  After it starts foaming, wipe it down with a sponge. 

I tried it and it got most of the smaller stuff off of the oven, but there are still a lot of spots where it is still blackened.  The results weren’t as good as I thought it would be.  Maybe the oven was too dirty and needs to be cleaned again before I start seeing results.  I just hoped it would be cleaner than it ended up being.

No comments:

Post a Comment