Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 155- New Year's Resolutions


I saw a pin that had the most popular New Year’s resolutionsfor 2011.  Since New Year’s Day was yesterday, I’m still working on what my resolutions should be. 
This pin was a top ten list, so I figured it would help me make some good ones. 

Last year, I made one resolution – to read one book a week for the year.  I did it!  I managed to read 73 books by the end of the year.  I met my goal of 52 by the end of October. 
Since I have momentum from last year, I’m feeling pretty confident that I will achieve any goals I set this year. 

Here are my thoughts about the ton ten resolutions of 2011.
1.       Drink less alcohol – No thank you.  I don’t think I drink enough alcohol.
2.       Get a better education – I’m still paying off my student loans, so I’m not ready to go back to school.
3.       Get a better job – Yes, please!  I need a full-time, well-paying job.  Heck, I’d even take an OK-paying job.
4.       Get fit – I’m working on that too.  I’m joining a gym this week!
5.       Lose weight – see above
6.       Manage debt/ save money – I want to pay off my student loans this year.  I’m half way there.
7.       Reduce stress – That would be nice.
8.       Quit smoking – I don’t smoke.
9.       Take a vacation – I could after I pay off my student loans.
10.   Volunteer to help others – Of course.  Who wouldn’t say they wanted to help others.  I’ll figure out a place to volunteer.

In summary, I have decided to lose weight/ get fit, pay off my student loans, reduce stress, take a vacation, get a better job, and volunteer.

Whoa!  That’s a lot. 

However, I want to end this year better than I started it.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment