Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Day 182- Phone Interview Tips

I had a phone interview yesterday.  Before it, I looked to see if Pinterest had any advice for me.  I was glad that it did because the only advice that my mom gave was "don't laugh.  You should stupid when you laugh on the phone."  I'm pretty sure that she meant that I, personally, sound stupid when I laugh on the phone.  I think she gave me a complex because I purposely haven't laughed on a call since she said that.

Anyways, Pinterest was more helpful.  I found this pin.  It has some great tips.

I had a copy of my resume and a list of questions and answers in front of me.  It was nice to know that I had prepared some answer for the basic questions.

I did dress up.  Well, I wore jeans.  It helped me feel a little bit more professional.  I didn't want to wear a blazer in my living room for no reason.

I called my mom before hand to make sure that she could hear me well from where I was sitting.  I don't get good reception in my house sometimes.

I slowed down when speaking.  I know that it is hard to hear someone if they talk fast on the phone, so I tried hard to keep a good pace.

I put my IPhone headphones on so I could use my hands while speaking.  I didn't have to worry about holding the phone and moving my hands around helped with nerves.

I would have to say this pin helped me a lot.  I aced the phone interview and have a face-to-face interview next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment