Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 156- Keratosis Pilaris


Those little bumps on the back of my arm bother me. Well, they don’t cause pain or irritation.  That’s not what I mean.  Their mere existence bothers me.

I hate wearing tank tops because they show the bumps which are called keratosis pilaris.  I want to get rid of them, but when I went to my dermatologist she didn’t really care.  She didn’t tell me how to get rid of them or what to do about them.  She just shrugged her shoulders and said that they would go away eventually.  That’s exactly what she said about my acne and my skin infection.

I think it’s time to get a new dermatologist.

Anyways, I saw this pin that said to make a paste from olive oil and sugar.  Apply it to the area and rub it in.  I used coconut oil instead of olive oil.  However, I tried this for the past week.  It works!

My arms are smoother and there are a lot less bumps.  If I keep this up, I’m sure that they will go away.

The pin also says you can use aspirin dissolved in warm water, but I never tried that.

No comments:

Post a Comment