Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Day 63- growing lettuce


Pinned Image
I was so excited when I saw the pin about growing lettuce from the bottom of a head of lettuce.  I cut mine off and stuck it in a cup of water just like the pin said.  It slowly started to sprout new leaves.

I went to by a pot and soil since it is getting cold outside.  I planted it and it continued to grow.  I was so excited because I would never have to buy lettuce again.  Or so I thought. 

When the leaves were about two inches long, it suddenly started to shrivel up.  Nothing I did helped it.  I watered more.  I watered less. I used compost.  I did everything I could think of, but nothing mattered. 

It completely shriveled up and decomposed.  It’s now part of the dirt in the flower pot.  There isn’t even anything left to take a picture of.  It’s just dirt now.

I had such high hopes for this pin.  I was going to grow my own food and save money.  My dreams of being a farmer have ended.  I will just have to go to the grocery store to by vegetables just like everybody else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment