Sunday, October 21, 2012

Day 82- shiny stainless steel sink

I saw this pin about making your stainless steel sink shine.  The picture looks pretty promising.  The sink is nice and shiny, so I decided to give it a try with my dull stainless steel sink.

Let me tell you that my sink is just as dull as when I started.  It may be a little cleaner, but it is not near as shiny as the picture from the pin.
To create your mixture, add a fourth of a cup of vinegar to a half cup of baking soda.  I used a little bit less.  I didn’t need that much to clean my sink.

The pin say to add 10 drops of lime oil.  I didn’t have any, so I substituted baby oil.  It’s just supposed to give it a shine.
Mix everything up so you have a nice thick paste and spread it around your sink.

Scrub your sink and rinse with warm water.
This was disappointing.  I wonder if there is a way to make a dull sink shiny again.

No comments:

Post a Comment