Sunday, October 7, 2012

Day 68-Fixing a smelly drain


So, the water in my house has smelled gross for like two weeks now.  It’s not just my house; it’s all the water in my entire area.  It’s disgusting.  Even when the water is turned off, the drain smells worse than ever. 
I wish there was a pin about how to get your water company to stop making the water smell gross, but I couldn’t find one.  If there is one out there, let me know. 

Instead, I found a pin that gave a bunch of different ways to make your drain smell better.  I figured that was better than doing nothing. 

I decided to try out putting a cup of baking soda in my drain and let it sit overnight.  Here’s the thing: putting a cup of baking soda into a drain sounds easy, but it’s messy.  I had baking soda everywhere.  The powder doesn’t go down easily. 
I ran water for a second to move some of it down there.  I’m sure I didn’t mess it up too much by doing that. 

Anyways, I let it sit overnight and ran some water in the morning.  My drain smelled surprisingly better.  It was not completely odorless, but then again the water I rinsed it out with smelled.
I would definitely try this.  I wonder if the other tips work as well.  I may have to try them, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment