Monday, October 22, 2012

Day 83- Button Initial

I had no idea what to get my friend for her birthday, so I decided to make her something from trusty, ol’ Pinterest. She was redoing her room, so I wanted to make her something cheap and simple that she can use to decorate.  I decided to make her a picture frame with her first initial made out of buttons. 

Don’t tell her, but I had everything on hand except I needed to buy more buttons.  Her birthday present cost me $1.97. shhh!
I took a piece of fabric and cut it to the size of the picture frame.  Then, I pulled it taunt over the back of the frame.  Then, I hot glued the buttons in the shape of the ‘T’ while burning the crap out of my fingers from the glue seeping through the holes of the buttons. I put the frame over the letter after I was finished.

Tada!  It was so simple and cheap.  Also, it turned out a lot cuter than I thought it would.  My friend now has it hanging in her room.  It looks good if I do say so myself.  I wish I would have taken a picture of it.  Maybe I will next time I see her.
Pinned Image
from the pin

No comments:

Post a Comment