Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Day 84- Relieve Caffeine Headaches

It’s no secret that I drink way too much coffee.  It’s become my source of energy.  I know it’s not good to drink so much coffee.  It just can’t be. 

When I don’t drink coffee, I get bad caffeine withdraw headaches which makes my need for coffee so much worse.  I saw a pin on Pinterest about how to get rid of caffeine headaches. 
I have not had any coffee today and it is thanks to these tips.  I have been eating peppermints whenever I feel a headache coming on.
Here are the tips from the pin:

Peppermint: peppermint has been used for centuries to treat everything from digestive issues to headaches. You can dab a little peppermint on your head to help ease a headache, or even drink peppermint tea (it's non-caffeinated, and it will help you hydrate--water is also good for headaches).
Aromatherapy: ginger, lavender, or eucalyptus oils have all been shown to help beat a headache into submission.

Sleep: it's kind of a non-option for busy days that won't let you stop everything and nap, but it's possible to simply sleep through the pain (caffeine headaches eventually go away on their own--usually after about 48 hours). If sleep's totally out of the question, a short rest in dark room with soft music could help.
Give yourself "the pinch": With your thumb and forefinger of one hand, squeeze the area on your palm halfway between your thumb and forefinger of your other hand. Massage gently.

I think it is interesting.  Whenever I don’t have coffee, I crave peppermint.  Of course, I crave a peppermint latte, but it’s still peppermint all the same.  I also get super sleepy without coffee, but that’s to be expected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment