Saturday, October 27, 2012

Day 88- Carpet stain remover

It’s no secret that I believe that baking soda and vinegar canclean anything.  I use them all the timethough it never ceases to amaze me at what the two of them together cando. 

I had a large mud stain on my carpet.  It’s been there for a while despite tryingnumerous times to clean it up.  When I sawthis pin, I knew I had to put it to the test.
Magical Carpet Cleaner Directions:

1. Scrape up the liquid (My stain was dry, so I skipped thisstep).
2. Sprinkle baking soda on stain to let absorb for 10minutes and then vacuum.

3. Mix one tablespoon clear dishwashing liquid and onetablespoon white vinegar with two cups of warm water.
4. Using a white cloth, sponge the stain with thedetergent/vinegar solution and blot until all the liquid is absorbed.

5. Sponge off with cold water and blot dry.
For added stain fighting, I didn’t vacuum up the baking sodaduring step 2.  I like to see the fizzleof vinegar and baking soda.  It makesthings seem cleaner.

The stain disappeared very quickly.  I am extremely pleased.  I can’t believe it worked as well as itdid.  I have a stain on my carpet fromwhen I dropped my mascara brush that is calling my name.
The top of the carpet has been cleaned, but I didn't clean the bottom part yet.  See the gross, mud spots?  It was much worse.  Now, I have to finish cleaning the bottom of the carpet in the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment