Monday, October 8, 2012

Day 69-Earwig Trap


At my house, we have a problem with earwigs.  I hate them.  They are awful.  We spray bug spray, but it doesn’t seem to work on earwigs. 

I found a pin about trapping earwigs.  You scatter traps around your yard.  I have also heard that you can do this in your house, so I gave that a try.  I put a trap right next to the front door where we always find earwigs.

To make a trap you need a low-sided can.  I used a tuna fish can.  Put ½ inch of oil in the bottom.  I used vegetable oil with a bite of fish oil from the tuna can.

It is supposed to attack and drown the earwigs. 

Let me tell you, it did not catch one earwig.  I put it in a place where I see and kill at least three earwigs a day.  I know that it was in a great spot to catch them, but it did not work.

What does work to get rid of earwigs?

No comments:

Post a Comment