Thursday, October 4, 2012

Day 65- getting rid of clutter


Lately, I have been feeling a little bit of a packrat.  I want to get rid of my clutter.  I saw a pin with decluttering tips.  I did a little bit today and have already gotten rid of a garbage bag full of crap. 

They have 5 steps to getting rid of clutter.

1.       Get organized
Most of the stuff I cleared out was papers, so I either recycled or kept it. 

2.       Create some time
It only took me a half hour to get rid of so much.  I can do a half hour a day.

3.       Concentrate on one area
I concentrated on the mess of papers under my nightstand.  It was a small area, but full of crap. 

4.       Stay motivated
They say that clearing the clutter will “boost your mood.”  I did not feel my mood boost.  Maybe I cleaned wrong. 

5.       Stay in control
I just need to remember to put things away after I’m done with them.  That would eliminate a massive pile from forming in my room.

I have so much left to clean. I don’t think that I can keep this up, but I will probably declutter a few minutes for the next couple of days before I give up and let the clutter get bad again.  It’s a vicious cycle.   

No comments:

Post a Comment