Sunday, November 11, 2012

Day 103- Zero Calorie Mango Ginger Water


I drink a lot of water, but sometimes I get sick of the flavor, or lack thereof.  I try to add different things to change the flavor.  Who doesn’t like lemon in water?  I do.

Anyways, Pinterest is full of different recipes to add a little extra to water.  I never really tried any of them until I saw this pin which seemed too good not to try.

Zero Calorie Mango Ginger Water

Makes 4 liters.  You can reuse the mango and ginger 2-4 times until flavor is lost.

Ingredients:

1 Ginger Root (3-4 quarter sided slices, peeled.)

1 cup Mango (fresh or frozen)

Add the ginger and mango to the pitcher.  Add 3 cups of ice and fill the pitcher with water. 

Place in fridge for 1-3 hours before serving. 

Tip:  drop in a couple frozen mango chunks in a pretty glass for ice cubes when serving. If you used fresh mango, chop some up into ice cube sized chunks and toss in freezer when you put the water in the fridge.

I used frozen mango because I’m too lazy to chop one up.

It tasted delicious.  I love mango.  I love ginger.  I love this water.  It’s amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment