Thursday, November 29, 2012

Day 121- Get Right Of Mildew Smell In Sinks

My bathroom sink always smells gross.  I have tried everything to get rid of that mildew smell.  The pipes are only two years old, so they shouldn't smell that bad.  However, it reeks.  The drain smells especially bad when water hasn't gone down it in a while. 

I have read that this problem is caused by using antibacterial soap.  I don't know how antibacterial soap causes mildew, but I think it's the reason my sink smells so bad.  The black gunk is gross and I want to get rid of it.

I saw this pin about how to get rid of the mildew smell.  I tried it out today and I was surprised at how much better it smells.  I love this pin.  My sink doesn't smell anymore.

To get rid of the nasty black gunk in your drain:
1. Boil a pot of water.
2. Meanwhile pour baking soda down the drain.
3. Once the water has reached a rolling boil pour it down the drain.
4. Let the water and baking soda work at decomposing and sterilizing the grime for 10 minutes.
5. After 10 minutes, pour 1 cup of bleach down the drain to completely kill any remaining mildew or bacteria.

This process every few months. It will also keep the nasty mildew smell at bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment