Sunday, November 4, 2012

Day 96- baking soda and orange juice mask


I stumbled across this pin about an orange juice and baking soda facial mask to help get rid of blackheads.  I have a weakness for face masks, so I had to give it a try.
You mix 1 tbsp. of orange juice and 1 tbsp. of baking soda.  If needed, add more baking soda to make it a thicker paste.  I added too much baking soda to mine.  It was really thick.

Smear the paste on your face and let it sit for 20 minutes.  Note:  It will tingle and itch.  Resist the urge to scratch and find something to keep your mind off of the strange feeling coming from your face. Don’t talk much.  If you move your face as the mask dries, it will start to crumble.
After 20 minutes, wet your finger tips and scrub your mask in a circular motion to exfoliate.  Then, rinse.

Your skin will be a little pink from the mask.  I would recommend using a toner and a good moisturizer after the mask.
I was surprised about how good my skin felt after I took the mask off.  Yes, it was a little pink, but it was smooth and soft.  It was nice to know that all that terrible itching was worst it.  I was going crazy trying not to scratch my mask off. 

I recommend this one.  It’s great.

No comments:

Post a Comment