Friday, November 23, 2012

Day 115- soft, silky legs


Normally when I think of shaving my legs, my thoughts go something like this:


Today, however, I saw this pin and decided to give it a try.  The pin promises softest, silkiest legs.   I love the feeling of smooth, freshly shaven legs, but I don’t feel that very often.  This recipe is more like a scrub than a shaving gel.

Scrub:

2 1/2 Cups of Sugar

-1 Cup of oil (I used coconut oil)

-5 Tablespoons of a citrus juice. Preferably fresh squeezed. (I used lemon)

Directions:

-Soak in a hot bath for five minutes

-Shave one leg.

-Take a palm full of your homemade sugar scrub and scrub that leg and then rinse off.

-Shave the same leg again.  

-Take a palm full of sugar scrub and scrub your leg again.

-Repeat on your other leg.

-After your bath, dry off and then lotion your legs.

When you shave your leg the first time, obviously, it's going to remove the hair. When you scrub after you shave, it removes any dead skin. By shaving your leg again after you use the sugar scrub, you are getting all of that dead skin off of your leg. You will need to rinse your razor frequently (you will see why).

When I did this, my legs felt really smooth.  That being said, I have little red bumps appear about a half hour after I got out of the shower.  My skin is slightly irritated, but it’s silky to the touch. 

I don’t think I will ever use this recipe again. It did what it was supposed to, but bothered my skin too much.  The little red bumps are starting to itch as I am typing this. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment