Sunday, November 25, 2012

Day 117- DIY Gift Bows

I am in full-on Christmas mode.  I am wrapping presents, decorating, and planning.  This year, I am so organized.  It's amazing.  I'm very proud of myself.  I am almost finished shopping, so I would say that I'm doing pretty well this holiday season. 

Since I am wrapping all my presents in brown paper thanks to my Pinterest obsession, I have been thinking of great ways to make them  look good.  My mom and sister are constantly making fun of my "boring" brown paper.  What they don't know is that I am not finished wrapping yet.  I have been looking at different ways to make the presents pop.  I just haven't decided what to do yet.  But, I know that when Christmas comes around everyone will comment on how amazing my presents are wrapped. 

At least, that's my goal. 

To help me achieve that goal, I have been getting a lot of ideas together from Pinterest.  Today, I saw a pin that will change how I wrap presents forever.  I will never buy a bow again.  Instead, I will make them.
gift wrap bow
The directions are so simple as well.

Step 1: Cut the page lengthwise into nine 3/4-inch-thick strips of heights shown: Three at 11 inches, three at 10 inches, two at 9 inches, and one at 3 1/2 inches.
Step 2: Twist each strip to form loops at both ends. Make a circle out of the smallest.
Step 3: Secure the ends with a piece of double-sided tape.
Step 4: Layer and stick, starting with the longest strips. End with the circle in the center.
 
Tada! Now, you can make your own bows.  I am obsessed.  I've made more bows than I need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment