Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Day 119- Get Rid of Splinters

I was doing something today and suddenly felt a splinter get into my finger. I hate those.  I can never get them out.  I spend a long time with a pair of tweezers picking at the area trying to get the splinter out.  The area gets all red and swollen which makes it harder to get the splinter out. 

I've tried everything.  I have tried getting them out with credit cards, tweezers, and needles.  All of these things were recommended to me at one time.  Yes, I get a lot of splinters.

My dad swears that all splinters will come out on there own.  You don't have to do anything.  I'm sure he's right, but I don't have time for that.  If I get a splinter, I want it out now. 

Anyways, this pin says, "remove a splinter easily by applying a paste of baking soda and water, then waiting several minutes for the splinter to pop out of the skin."

It seems too good to be true, but I tried it anyways.

Surprisingly, it worked! 

My splinter popped right out.  Who knew baking soda had that kind of power?

I will never get a splinter out with tweezers again.

No comments:

Post a Comment