Sunday, November 18, 2012

Day 110- DNA on a shirt


I saw this pin and it blew my mind.  You can have the image of your DNA fingerprint on a t-shirt.  I love this idea.  My sister is a biology major and I want to get this for her for Christmas.  All I have to do is find a way to swab her mouth without her knowing.  I’ll work on that, but I think she sleeps with her mouth open. 

The only problem is that ordering seems a little confusing. You have to pledge $50.00 or more and then they give you a code to place your order.  After that, they mail you a cheek swab which you send back to them.  I guess that part of the pledge goes to help fund the Phoenix Zoo’s conservation efforts.

At least that is what it says. I tried to order one, but it said that the campaign ended. I couldn’t find anywhere else to order a shirt.  I’m kind of bummed.  I want to order one.  The website says that a store is coming soon.  I hope it comes soon.  My sister is graduating and would look kickass wearing one during grad school. 
I will be checking DNAonashirt.com frequently so I can order one.

No comments:

Post a Comment