Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Day 99- Teacher's Portfolio


I have my degree in elementary education and am currently looking for a teaching position.  One of the most important things a teacher takes to an interview is a portfolio which contains all the highlights of ateacher’s career.

One of my biggest fears is putting too much into my portfolio.  I haven’t even had a real teaching job, but my portfolio is big and heavy.  It has so much in it. I worry that anyone who looks at it will become overwhelmed.

I was browsing Pinterest and saw a pin about what to include in a teacher’sportfolio.

Here is the list of suggestions of what to include:

•table of contents
•extracopies of your resume
•letters of recommendation
•copies of references
•youreducational philosophy statement
•samplelesson plans and /or unit plans you have recently used
•sampleassignments
•samples of student work
•creativehandouts you have designed
•sampleworksheets
•examples of assessments
•scores on standardized or other tests
•photographsof classroom layouts and displays
•photographsof your students in action
•appropriateexamples of your technology skills such as graphics design, presentations, word processing, spreadsheets etc.
•parentnewsletters
•peer and department observations and evaluations
•examples of formal student feedback such as questionnaires
•professionaldevelopment efforts

The list seems so long, but I have all of it in my portfolio.  I don’t have anything extra.  It seems that teacher portfolios are supposed to be as big as mine is.  I have an entire three inch binder full of stuff.

I hope that it helps me get a teaching job soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment