Friday, November 30, 2012

Day 122- Detention slips

Pinned Image
As a substitute teacher, I write a lot of referrals and detention slips.  I saw this pin and it made me laugh because I have written some pretty funny detention slips in my day.

Last week, I wrote one because a student randomly stood up in class and started rapping some completely inappropriate song.  The school requires you to write down exactly what was said by the student.  I never thought I would have to write those words down.  I’m sure the office got a good laugh when they saw it.

I’ve written students up for trying to glue another student to his seat, playing leapfrog, and saying all the words to the movie while we were watching “Titanic”.  During a practice lockdown, I wrote a student up for yelling “Fuck the police.” 

Generally, if it makes me laugh, I don’t write students up.  I would have never wrote a student for “volunteering as tribute” to do a math problem like in the pin.  It was funny and shows that she can read.  That girl didn’t deserve to be written up.  Just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment