Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Day 120- DYI Dove Body Wash


I hate the bottle that Dove body wash comes in.  I absolutely hate it.  I can never get any body wash out of it.  The lid doesn’t turn, so I can’t get any out that way. I have to store the bottle upside down and spend a lot of time hitting the bottle just to get any out. 

I know what you are thinking.  Why don’t you buy a different kind of body wash?  Well, I can’t use any other kind because my skin breaks out if I don’t use Dove Sensitive Skin body wash.  I don’t like bar soap, so I use body wash.

I saw this pin about making your own Dove body wash and I don’t think I’ve ever been so happy.  Now, I can make my own body wash and put it in a usable container.  And that was exactly what I did.

The recipe is simple.

Grate one bar of Dove soap with a cheese grate until it looks like fine grated cheese. 

Put the soap in a pan and add 2 cups of water.

Heat on medium heat until the soap is dissolved.

Remove from heat and let it cool.  It will get thicker as it cools. Once cool put into bottles or any container.

Note:  This recipe only works with dove moisturizing cream bars or Olay moisture bars.  Any other kind and you will end up with a gross glob of a mess. 

If the body wash is too thick for you, add a little more water until you have the desired thickness.  This can be done after it cools also.

I’m pretty content with my new body wash.  I just used it and I couldn’t tell the difference between my body wash and the store brought. 

I will definitely be using this recipe a lot. 
FYI the website that the pin is originally from has great posts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment