Saturday, September 8, 2012

Day 39-bathtub cleaner


After my success yesterday with the glass top stove cleaner, I decided to try out a recipe from a pin that was supposed to be a great tub cleaner.  The pictures on the pin looked too good to be true, but I decided to try it out anyways.

The pin claims that you can spray one part vinegar and one part dish soap, leave it for an hour, and wipe your tub clean with no scrubbing.

I heated a half cup of vinegar in the microwave until it was hot (about 45 seconds).  I mixed it with a half cup of dish soap.  Then, I sprayed it on my tub and let it sit for an hour. 

Now, the grime didn’t come off as easily as they said it would.  I definitely had to scrub, but the cleaning mixture turned dark brown from all the dirt.  I don’t have a ring around my tub anymore, but it did not remove soap scum at all. 

Maybe my tub was just too dirty for it to be clean the first time.  I clean my tub once a week, but it still is dirty. Now, it is definitely cleaner than it usually gets using store bought cleaners.  I’ll probably use it again.  It worked pretty well, but not as good as the pictures looked on Pinterest.



Before


After


No comments:

Post a Comment