Monday, September 24, 2012

Day 55- Honey Facial Mask


I have heard all about the great benefits of using honey on skin.  It seems that every time I go on Pinterest; there is at least one pin about honey.  I decided to try it and see if all the pins were right.  I found one I liked and did it. 


“With its antiseptic and cleansing abilities, honey can be used to remove impurities and to smooth and soften the skin. Apply honey directly to dry skin; making sure hair is out of reach to avoid a sticky mess. Leave on for 15 minutes, massaging away any runaway drips. The heat of your skin will thin out the honey; stovetop or microwave heating is unnecessary and less effective.  If you are not ready for a full facial, use honey as a simple spot treatment for a pesky pimple.

“To lighten and fade dark spots or for an all-around glow, add a little lemon juice and olive oil to the mix. Leave the mask on for 10 minutes before rinsing off thoroughly. Repeat a couple times a week and you will be amazed with the results.”

I mixed a little honey and lemon juice.  I put it on my face and, 10 minutes later, washed it off.  My skin felt soft, but a little- I don’t know the right word for it- waxy, for lack of a better term.  My skin looked good.

Then, three hours later, I was shopping and cause a glimpse of myself in the mirror.  My face was covered in red splotches!  It looked like I had worse acne that I really have.  It’s not an allergic reaction.  It’s more like irritation from waxing or scrubbing too hard.

I would not recommend this pin at all.  My face still looks bad and it’s been several more hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment