Sunday, September 16, 2012

Day 47- Goodbye Cracked Heels!


I saw this pin and thought that it was so weird.  I had to try it. The pin says that it helps renewed cracked heels.  I definitely have cracked heels, but the way this pin says to treat it seems so bizarre.
Here are the steps:

 1. Put shaving cream on your feet.
 2. In a bucket or sink, combine equal parts warm water and Listerine.

 3. Soak a small hand towel in the solution of water and Listerine.
 4. While the shaving cream is still on your feet wrap the wet hand towel around your feet and let it sit for 30 minutes.

 5. After 30 minutes, use the towel to rub your feet. Some of the calloused and discolored skin will rub off.
 6. Apply a healthy amount of lotion to your feet.

I did this in my living room, so I wouldn’t have to sit in my bathroom for a half hour.  Once you put shaving cream on your feet, you can’t walk around.  However, I put the shaving cream on my feet and couldn’t get up to wash my hands, so I rubbed it on my legs.
It was awkward sitting with a towel wrapped around my feet, but really soothing.  The towel was warm at the beginning, but once the towel cooled, it was less soothing.  The Listerine smelled good and tingled against my feet.  I liked it. 

When I unwrapped my feet, I was surprised that my feet felt so soft.  To my disappointment, no gross skin came off when I rubbed my feet during step 5.  I must say my feet feel great. I don’t think they have ever smelled so minty fresh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment