Saturday, September 15, 2012

Day 46- Showerhead Cleaner


I saw this pin about how to clean a showerhead, but Iquickly decided that I didn’t need to do it. My showerhead was clean enough. However, it got me thinking.
 I was taking a showeryesterday and looked at my showerhead.  Imean, I really looked at it.  There werehard water deposits on it.  If myshowerhead is dirty, how can I expect the water coming out of it to clean me?

I didn’t have any plastic bags, so I just filled a bowl with1/3 cup baking soda and 1 cup vinegar.  Idropped the showerhead into the bowl and let it sit for a couple of hours. 
My shower head was cleaner, but it seemed to have bakingsoda residue on it now.  I had to scrubit with a sponge to get the baking soda off. It was a good cleaner though. Maybe I just added too much baking soda. 

I also heard that using warm vinegar makes it workbetter.  I hadn’t tried that yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment