Sunday, September 9, 2012

Day 40- travel toothbrush holder

This pin caught my eye because I don’t like having to use a plastic bag for my toothbrush holder every time I go out of town.  All you need is a hand towel, some ribbon, pins and a sewing machine would help.  I actually used a wash cloth because it would only need to hold my toothbrush.  The pin is made for a family size toothbrush holder and I don’t need all that extra space.
I folded the wash cloth about ½ ways up lengthwise and pinned it into place.  I sewed along the edges to make a pocket. Then, I sewed little sections dividers about 1 ½ inches apart.  It created 4 little pockets perfect for toothpaste and dental floss as well as my toothbrush.  I rolled the towel up.  I cut a piece of ribbon and tied it around the towel.  The pin says to sew it, but I like the loose ribbon better, just a personal choice.
When I go on vacation, no more wet toothbrush in a plastic bag for me.  The towel will soak up all the water.  I can go home and just toss this holder in the laundry and use it again next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment