Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Day 57- 40 secret iPhone features and shortcuts


I found a pin that had “40 Secret iPhone Features and Shortcuts.”  While I knew most of the “secrets,” some were surprising and others didn’t work at all.

One that I found helpful was number 39-give your contacts nicknames.  It also shows how to add phonemic spells to Siri will recognize people’s names when they are pronounced differently than they are spelled.  This is great.  My friend and I were laughing the other day about how I have to mispronounce her name when I asked Siri to call or text her because otherwise Siri doesn’t recognize it. 

I could not get tip number 32- get week view by turning over your iPhone.  I tried over and over to get my calendar to show week view, but it didn’t work. 

Also, tip number 5- take a picture with a double tap is wrong.  From the lock screen, you tap on the camera and slide it up.  Maybe a double tap worked with an older iOS version, but it doesn’t work anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment