Saturday, September 29, 2012

day 60- finger knitting


Finger knitting is very addictive and children love it for its simplicity and ease.
I learned how to knit in a home etc. class in high school.  I wasn’t good at it.  I never did finish the scarf I started and I don’t remember how to do it anymore, but I could knit at one point in my life. 

This pin shows how to finger knit.  It’s a good craft for kids who can sit still for a long time and the directions are easy to do.  So, I took some of my old yarn from high school and gave it a try.

  I didn’t have any problems, but I gave up after a while.  Now, it’s in my closest next to my unfinished scarf.  I’ll never finish it.  I just don’t have the attention span for knitting. 

I was kind of disappointed at how skinny the scarf was with finger knitting.  I wonder how you can make it bigger.  I guess it would be wide enough for a child’s scarf, but it would look weird on an adult. 

No comments:

Post a Comment