Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 1- clipboard


After looking at all the wonderful things on Pinterest, I have decided to do one thing from that website every day for a year.  There are so many projects, tips, and activities that I think it will be a great way to become more creative and possibly come up with some pins myself.

That being said, I am not the craftiest person around.  I expect to have a lot of failures, but that is the fun in trying new things.  It’s about having fun, but about perfection.  At least, that is what I am telling myself.  It’s going to be my manta over the next year as I am covered in glue and yarn.

For my first project, I decided to do something simple to easy myself into this.  There are multiple pins of decorated clipboards.  I figured that it would be nice and simple since apparently so many people do this. Here is one example.


I started out with a plain clip board.  Being a substitute teacher, I use a clip board almost every day.


I cut my paper and Modge-Podged it just as the directions said.  Unfortunately, I ended up with a lot of bubbles in my paper.  I tried to smooth it out as best I could, but there are still several of them in there.  I guess my paper wasn’t thick enough.  Note: use thick paper.


I don’t know how they managed to make it look so finished.  I need to put ribbon around the edges or something to hide the seams.  All in all, looks ok, but not nearly as good as other pins I have seen.  The bubbles in the paper will be covered up by anything I clip to it, so that’s not a big deal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment