Thursday, August 30, 2012

Day 30- My Car gets clean

 
My car is a mess as you can see in the pictures.  It’s so dirty.  That’s probably because I haven’t cleaned it ever.  It has the same dirt that was in it when I bought it plus two years of my dirt.  I do wash the outside of it, but never the inside.  Yesterday I was browsing through Pinterest and saw this pin about how to detail your car.  I made myself promise that I would do this today.
This morning, I got all my cleaning supplies together and marched out to my car.
 Step 1:   get rid the garbage.  That was easy enough.  I filled a plastic grocery bag full of garbage. 
Step 2:  deep-clean carpet and upholstery.  It says to use a carpet cleaning machine to clean it, but I just used some carpet cleaner spray and a scrub brush.  Then, I drove my car to the car wash and vacuumed out my car.  I had about a hundred little black pebbles on the floor of my driver's side.  I have no idea where they came from.
Step 3: clean leather/ vinyl seats.  My car has cloth seats, so I got to skip this step!
Step 4: clean nooks and crannies.  This was boring and tedious. I took a rag and wrapped it around a screwdriver.  Then, I sprayed cleaner on it and ran it through the nooks and crannies.  I never knew my car had so many little places. 
Step 5: brush out the air vents.  I sprayed a little furniture polish on a paint brush and cleaned out the air vents.  My air vents were so dusty.  I was always wondering if it was good for my allergies to have my car’s air conditioning on since it just blew dust everywhere.  Well, I don’t have to worry about that anymore.
Step 6: Wash the windows.  It was easy.  One tip the pin gave was to roll down the window slightly and clean the top edge.  I would have never thought of that and, boy, were my window edges dirty.
Step 7: Scrape off stickers.  My brother had offered to do this with a putty knife a few weeks ago, so this step was already done.  I guess brothers are good for something.
Step 8: Kill bad odors.  I didn’t buy an Odor Gun to get rid of smells like they suggest.  Instead, I just sprayed some Febreeze. 
This is my clean car:

No comments:

Post a Comment