Monday, August 27, 2012

Day 27- Clean Car Headlights

My headlights are dirty.  Even when I wash my car, they are still discolored.  They have been like that since I bought the car.  I tried scrubbing them, using Windex, and doing everything I could think of to clean them.  I was skeptical when I saw a pin saying that toothpaste will clean dim headlights.
I took my toothpaste and a white washcloth outside.  I put a little toothpaste (about the same amount I put on my toothbrush) onto the cloth and started rubbing my headlight.  Once it was covered with toothpaste, I wiped it off with a wet washcloth.
 Bam! It was clean.  I could see my light bulb in the headlight.  It was amazing.  The only thing I would recommend is to rinse it off with water afterwards.  It was sticky even after I cleaned it off with the wet washcloth.  As soon as I drove my car, the headlights picked up dirt and bugs and I had to clean it again.  The second time, I rinsed the headlights off and the affect lasted a lot longer.
before
after

1 comment:

  1. Its good to know how to clean the headlights of the car so that we can give our car a new look.

    Visit http://www.360tuners.com/headlights.aspx for all car parts and accessories

    ReplyDelete