Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Day 21- Painted Jar


Pinned Image

Today, I decided to paint the inside of a jar.  I needed a place to put my makeup brushes.  I am tired of them just sitting on my dress or my new makeup tray.  I have been eyeing this pin for a while.  All the painted jars look so cute on Pinterest.  I was worried that I would mess it up.

I started with a plain jar that I got for a dollar at the dollar store. I pour some paint inside it and pushed it around with a paintbrush.  I used the same color as I did on my makeup tray, so they looked like they matched. 
 
After one coat, it looked good up close, but, in the light, I could see the unevenness in the paint.
I gave it another coat after the first one dried and it looked so much better.  Now my jar holds my makeup brushes and sits on my makeup tray. 

No comments:

Post a Comment