Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Day 28-Armpit Stain Remover

I have this white t-shirt that has dingy, yellow armpits.  I never wear it out of the house because I don’t want to be seen with yellow armpits.  I tried this pin which says that it gets out armpit stains.
The recipe for the “only spot remover you’ll ever need” is one part Dawn dishwashing liquid and two parts hydrogen peroxide.  I rubbed the mixture into the armpits for a few minutes and let it sit for an hour. 
After I washed it out, my stains were a little better.  The shirt is still too disgusting to be worn outside, but after a couple more treatments it might be wearable. 
The pin shows a perfectly clean white shirt, but mine did not get perfectly clean.  I think that my hydrogen peroxide might be old.  I don’t think that it can be kept forever.  Maybe that was my problem.  It still worked a little.    
before
after- a little better

No comments:

Post a Comment