Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Day 15- Painted Cork


I have these ugly, boring cork squares on my bedroom wall.  I saw this pin and thought that it would be a nice way to spruce the cork squares up a bit.  So, I grabbed some painter’s tape, a paint brush, and some purple paint and got to work.
Pinned Image
The original pin


It was easy to do, but time consuming.  It took me 50 minutes just to tape it up.  I was pretty picky about how I taped it.  I wanted it to look right.  The paint was absorbed into the cork very quickly.  I used a lot of paint.  I mean a lot of paint.  I had a new bottle of craft paint and I was worried about not having enough.  On the bright side, the cork also made it dry very quickly. 
 My completed project:


This turned out better than I ever imagined that it would.  In my previous posts, it is evident that most of my attempts at re-doing pins are not nearly as good as the originals.  This project is fool-proof, but it does take up a lot more time than I would have expected.  At least it ended up looking super cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment