Sunday, August 12, 2012

Day 12- pencil vase


In honor of school starting next week, I have decided to do a week of back to school pins.  I am a substitute teacher, but am looking for a full-time teaching position.  I get very excited for the start of school and am always looking for new classroom decorations for when I get my own classroom.  I think that this pin is super cute.

Pinned Image
It was super easy to make.  Just take a can or anything that is circular and hot-glue pencils around it.  Mine used about 34 pencils, but it depends on the size.  I wrapped a ribbon around it just to keep the pencils in place and add a little cuteness to it.  I love it. 


I’m going to use it as a pencil holder, not a vase.  I added a little piece of foam in the bottle, so my pens and pencils stand up a little higher in the can.  I don’t want to constantly have to stick my hand way down in there to get a pen.  But it would make a cute vase, too.  Oh, the possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment