Saturday, August 11, 2012

Day 11- IPhone Holder


Pinned Image
I hate when I am charging my IPhone and there is no other place to put it.  I am constantly stepping on it.  I don’t know why I walk so close to the outlet.  I can’t help it.  Anyways, I saw this pin a while ago and have been meaning to make it ever since. 

I started out with an empty lotion bottle.  Ignore my messy dresser in the picture.


Then, I cut out my design.  The pin said to use kitchen scissors or a box cutter.  I tried both and neither worked.  My bottle had to have been made out of the strongest plastic in the world.  I thought I would never cut through it all.  I ended up using a kitchen knife to saw through most of it.  Then, I used scissors to cut it out better.  I used sandpaper to file down the rough edges.

The original pin had used Modge Podge and fabric to decorate it. But after spending 45 minutes trying to cut it, I was ready to be done with this project.  So, I wrapped it in electrical tape that happened to be sitting next to me and was done. 


It's not as cute as the pin, but when I am less frustrated with it, I will probably try to cover it in fabric, too.  I'll update if and when it gets done. 
It was not as easy as it looks.  Maybe if you have a thinner plastic bottle, but I thought mine was thin enough.  At least, my IPhone isn’t on the floor anymore when I’m charging it.

No comments:

Post a Comment