Friday, August 31, 2012

Day 31- Clean my coffee maker

i drink a lot of coffee.  I mean, I drink A LOT of coffee.  I have this dirty, old coffee maker that was a hand-me-down.  It’s probably older than I am.  It’s white and covered in coffee stains.  I clean it every so often with vinegar. I usually fill the coffeepot with water and add a dash of white vinegar.  Then, I run it through the coffee maker.   I saw this pin that used a similar water and vinegar solution, but there was a lot more vinegar used.  I decided to try it and see if it made a difference.
I filled the coffeepot with one part vinegar (about 2 cups) and two parts water (about 4 cups).  Then, I poured it into the water reservoir and turned it on.  I let it sit in the coffeepot for 15 minutes. 
Then, I turned off the maker and rinsed out the coffeepot.  I ran regular water through the maker twice to get the smell out of it.  After that, I wiped down the outside and the filter. 
My coffee pot seems like it may be a little cleaner.  The filter is noticeably less brown which is nice.  I hope it makes better coffee now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment