Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Day 22- Face Powder

I came across this pin which tells you how to make finishing powder.  I hate spending so much money on makeup.  A little thing of powder can cost $20, so I was excited to try this.
All it is corn starch and talc.  I left the talc out because I didn’t have any and on the website people said it was bad for you anyways. So my powder is just corn starch.  I put a tablespoon into an old powder container, so it still has the sifter.

It was a little light for my skin.  In the comments on the website, people had said to add cinnamon or cocoa powder for a little tint.  I added some cocoa powder until it got to the shade I wanted it.  Cinnamon seems like it could cause some irritation, so cocoa powder seems like a safer alternative.

Anyways, my makeup feels so light.  I can’t believe that I have any one.  The cocoa powder makes a much more natural color than my old powder.  It doesn’tlook makeup-y at all.  It looks natural.  I’m really impressed.  Plus, it smells like chocolate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment