Thursday, August 23, 2012

day 23- No cut glass



Pinned Image
I tried this pin today about no cut cut glass.  I was pretty nervous about doing this.  I was always told that nail polish remover was extremely flammable, so lighting yarn soaked in it seemed to go against everything my mother taught me about playing with fire.
I took an old wine bottle and wrapped a piece of yarn around it 5 times.  I tied the yarn and removed it.  Then, I soaked the yarn in nail polish remover and put it back on the bottle.
My supplies before.
I tried to light the yarn on fire, but it took a long time for it to ignite.  I was pretty surprised that it didn’t just light easily.  I mean, it says “extremely flammable” right on the bottle.  When I finally got it to light, I turned the bottle slowly for 20 seconds just like the pin said.

Then, I put it in a sink full of cold water and waited for it to separate.  And I waited and waited.  Nothing happened.  My bottle was still whole.
So, I tried it again and again and again.  I tried letting the flame burn for up to a minute and plunge it into ice water and still nothing happened.  The bottle didn’t even crack.  It looks exactly the same as before.  After all that work, I still have a whole wine bottle, but now it smells like nail polish remover.
My whole bottle after 4 attempts to "cut" it:
 







No comments:

Post a Comment