Saturday, August 25, 2012

Day 25-Lemon and Honey Blemish Elixir

Pinned Image
At least once a week, I use a lemon and sugar facial mask.  It helps exfoliate and is supposed to reduce the appearance of acne scars.  I saw a pin that had a similar idea and decided to give it a try.

This is a blemish elixir.  It is made from 1/4 tsp of manuka honey and slightly less that 1/4 tsp. of lemon juice.  I couldn't find manuka honey in any store near me, so I just used regular, raw, organic honey.  I don't know if it made a difference or not.

When you go to the blog that it was pinned from, it doesn't say how long to leave it on in the body of the post, but the author said in the comments that she leaves it on for 20 minutes.  So, that's what I did. 

When I washed it off, I noticed that my skin looked less red.  It wasn't as soft as when I use my lemon and sugar face mask, but it still looked good.  I may work this into my beauty routine every once in a while, but I'll still use my old mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment